About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: The Guilt Trip

 Book Review: The Guilt Trip

By Sandie Jones

Six "friends", three couples, one event. 


During the weekend of Ali and Will's wedding everyone comes together to celebrate. Rachel and Jack, Jack is Will's brother and together they join the happy couple with questions in mind to why Will would choose Ali to be his wife. Joining them is Paige and Noah, Noah and Rachel have been best friends for so long that once upon a time they thought there mind be more between them. These four guests along with the bride and groom travel to Portugal for the destination wedding of Ali and Will's dreams. 

But Ali rubs all the guests the wrong way. Ali is beautiful, glamorous, but impulsive; thoughts run through Rachel's head of Jack cheating on her, Paige thinks Ali is just an attention-seeker, Noah is bringing up history that should stay in the past and Jack is disagreeing with everything Noah has to say. 

When the wedding begins, secrets start to unfold. Who is telling the truth? And who can you really trust? 

The Guilt Trip is told from the point of view of Rachel, wife of Jack and soon to be sister in-law to Ali. With opinions already starting we get our first view of Ali, the blushing bride marrying Will, Jack's brother. Ali is a mess, talkative, wild, beautiful bride and she first introduced at the airport about to leave for Portugal for her wedding, when she notices she is missing her passport. With Jack they go to look for it while Rachel waits, introducing Noah and Paige. Rachel and Noah were best friends, they went to school together and at one time thought they might end up together but fell in love with better people. 

This novel is built on drama and high opinions between characters, with most of the characters have a prior relationship whether it's Rachel and Noah from college or Jack and Ali from working together, everyone has a history. 

I really liked some characters and their development then there were some characters I really hated and I believe I was supposed to hate. The character development was well done and really built the drama over the event. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel. I felt everything added up in the end and I'm satisfied with how this story ended. 

I gave this novel a 🌟🌟🌟🌟 review. I felt this novel was a light and enjoyable read, however; I do think the final event was missing more information on what really happened. But I would recommend this as a mystery beach read. 

Thank you St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for the ARC in exchange for a honest review. 

Publication date is August 3, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment