About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: Death on the Nile




Death on the Nile Review

One of my favourite authors of all time is Agatha Christie! She wrote books with such depth and while now a days it is easier to figure out what is happening or the end of the mystery, I still love reading the story!

I have read A LOT of Agatha Christie books; I have several books that are my favourites including And Then There Were None and Murder on the Orient Express which are both classics of Christie. Another Christie classic is Death on the Nile. This one actually got me in the end, and I don’t want to spoil it but it was actually surprising.

This Christie classic follows the famous Belgian detective Hercule Poirot in Egypt on the Nile River. We follow Poirot to Egypt on holiday where he meets Linnet Doyle who asks for Poirot’s help with her ex-friend; Jacqueline de Bellefort, stalking her. Linnet is engaged to Bellefort’s ex-fiancĂ© which has made Bellefort resentful of Linnet. While refusing the request Poirot gets pulled into another mystery when Linnet almost gets crushed by a falling rock where Bellefort is a prime suspect. Many other events transpire including Bellefort shooting her ex-fiancĂ©; Simon, in leg. While I don’t want to spoil the ending, this is one I didn’t see coming from any of the characters.

Agatha Christie did a wonderful job of making you second guess who the villain in this novel is, she takes you back and forth between the different characters until the very end.

This novel is in the works to be turned into a movie directed by Kenneth Branagh who also directed the latest version of Murder on the Orient Express. He not only directed the movie but starred in it as Hercule Poirot himself. He will also continue as Poirot into Death on the Nile; this movie is supposed to release October 2020!

Personally, Murder on the Orient Express is one of my favourite movies! Branagh did such a great job on directing and starring, he was such a great Poirot! Christie in her later years in writing started to try to move away from Poirot and more into her other characters, like Miss Marple. I love both Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, Poirot tells you how it is while Marple is a witty old lady. Both characters are loveable detectives and gives a wide range of different stories.

I am so excited to see Death on the Nile hit the big screen and see Branagh work his magic once again!

If you have an Agatha Christie book you would love to see me write about, please comment below! I have read most and if I haven’t read it yet, I definitely will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment