About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: Wherever She Goes

Book Review: Wherever She Goes


I will read any novel Kelley Armstrong publishes, she is a novelist who takes you on adventures and takes you away from real life. I love her series The Otherworld series which include: Bitten and Stolen. I also love her series the Cainsville series and her newest series the Rockton series.

However, Kelley Armstrong writes several stand alone books, including: Aftermath, Missing and The Masked Truth. Wherever She Goes is another stand alone.

Plot Overview:

Wherever She Goes is about a woman named Aubrey Finch; she's a mom, works as a librarian, and is recently separated from from her husband Paul. When separating from Paul, Aubrey was the one who decided to leave and allowed Paul to keep her daughter; Charlotte, at their home during the week while she takes her on weekends until she can get joint custody.

One weekend when she and Charlotte are at the park she meets a woman playing with her son. The woman seems a little strange but is a young mom to a 5 year old. A few days after this encounter Aubrey is taking a run through the park, she sees the woman's son alone and when he starts walking out of the park she follows with the thought that he is lost from his mom. However, when he gets to a parking lot Aubrey witnesses the boy being taken in a strange car with men the boy doesn't know and struggles against. Aubrey then calls the police with the understanding that she witnesses a child kidnapping. When the police start investigating, a child missing is never reported and they start to disbelieve that Aubrey witnessed anything. That no child is missing but that Aubrey is looking for attention.

However, Aubrey knows what she saw. After the boy's mom is found dead Aubrey has to investigate deeper to figure out what exactly is going on! Even if that means putting her own life and family on the line.

My thoughts: ⭐⭐⭐ 

I always try to go into a stand alone book with an open mind and since I love Kelley Armstrong's books so much I really wanted to love this book.

My star review of Wherever She Goes is a three stars; I personally didn't love it but I didn't hate it. I thought Aubrey was someone anyone can relate to. She over thought how others looked and thought of her which truthfully is what I do whenever i see someone looking at me. I think Armstrong didn't go into her background enough and while the mystery itself was a good one i think it could have been something deeper with more twists than it had.

This novel was only 292 pages and while that is a solid amount of pages for a stand alone novel i think for the plot it needed a more explained insight on Aubrey and the other characters involved.

I would say if you are looking for a lighter mystery book this is a good one, it is an easy read that doesn't make you think too much. There were a few parts i didn't see coming but overall it was an easy one to guess the outcome. Yes i would suggest it to others but only if you're looking for a fun read.

Overall, this was a good book but not one i would read over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment