About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: The Death of Mrs. Westaway

The Death of Mrs. Westaway Book Review 

On a day that begins like any other, Hal receives a mysterious letter bequeathing her a substantial inheritance. She realizes very quickly that the letter was sent to the wrong person - but also that the cold-reading skills she's honed as a tarot card reader might help her claim the money. 

Soon, Hal finds herself at the funeral of the deceased... where it dawns on her that there is something very, very wrong about this strange situation and the inheritance at the centre of it" 

I love myself a good Ruth Ware mystery and she did not disappoint with this one. The Death of Mrs. Westaway was a creepy, keep you on your toes mystery.

I have said it before and i will keep saying it but i love stories that are very Agatha Christie, Christie is one of my favourite authors and Ware has very Christie type writing in most of her novels; this one was no different.

Hal; a tarot card reader, isn't doing the best financially. When she finds a letter at her door about an inheritance that is hers she knows it was delivered to the wrong person. However, with this inheritance she won't be struggling like she is. She decides to attend the funeral and collect on what she thought would be a small sum of money. However, when she arrive she learns that a lot more was left to her in this Mrs. Westaway's will. With many twists and turns, Hal learns more about the family who she is trying to fool as well as herself.

Overall, i would say that Hal was probably the best main character Ware has created so far. She was well developed and likable.

I loved the setting of this novel in Trepassen House, it's dark and eerie and carries the mystery a step further.

I really enjoyed this novel, i would give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐ review. Only reason it lost a star was that the mystery part was easy to figure out in the end over Mrs. Westaway's death. But overall, loved this novel a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment