About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: Theme Music

Theme Music Book Review 

"'She didn't run from her dark past. She moved in'

For the lucky among us, life is what you make of it; but for Dixie Wheeler, the theme music for her story was chosen by another long ago, on the day her father butchered her mother and brothers and then slashed a knife across his own throat. Only one-year-old Dixie was spared, becoming infamously known as Baby Blue for the song left playing in the aftermath of the slaughter. 

Twenty-five years later, Dixie is still desperate for a connection to the family she can't remember. So when her childhood home goes up for sale, Dixie sets aside all reason and moves in. But as the ghosts of her family seemingly begin to take up residence in the house that was once theirs, Dixie starts to question her own sanity and wonders if the evil force menacing her is that of her father or a demon of her own making. 

In order to make sense of her present, Dixie becomes determined to unravel the truth of her past and seeks out the detective who originally investigated the murders. But the more she learns, the move she opens up the uncomfortable possibility that the sins of her father may belong to another. As bodies begin to pile up around her, Dixie must find a way to expose the lunacy behind her family's massacre to save her few loved ones that are still alive - and whatever scrap of sanity she has left" 

This novel was a pleasant surprise for how well written it was and how much i enjoyed this novel.

I had heard great things about this one before deciding to pick it up and i'm glad i did.

25 years ago, Dixie was the only survivor of her whole family being murdered by her own father. After being brought up by her aunt, being in a loving relationship with her boyfriend; Garrett, and living her life, she finds out that the very house where her family lived and was murdered in has gone up for sale. She couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the house for herself. After viewing the house she decides to live in it and unravel the truth of what happened that day where she lost her family.

I enjoyed this novel a lot. I thought it was well written and overall a well developed story. Vandelly explaining the murder was very well done, one of the best written murders i've seen (as weird as that is).

The only part i didn't like was how long it took Dixie to figure everything out. Truthfully, i saw the ending coming and i thought Dixie would figure it out sooner. Dixie as a character was likable most of the time. The ending was not surprising but overall, this novel was very well done!

This is T. Marie Vandelly's first novel and i think it was a great start to her novelist career, i would read more of Vandelly's novels in the future.

I would give this novel ⭐⭐⭐⭐ review. It lost one star for the ending as I wasn't surprised and guessing the outcome only a few chapters in.

#ThemeMusic #NetGalley

Theme Music is the first novel by T. Marie Vandelly 
Released July 23, 2019

Thank you PENGUIN GROUP Dutton and NetGalley for allowing me to read and review this novel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment