About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: Darling Rose Gold

Darling Rose Gold Book Review

Mothers never forget, Daughters never forgive. 

For the first eighteen years of her life, Rose Gold Watts believed she was seriously ill. She was allergic to everything, used a wheelchair and practically lived at the hospital. Neighbours did all they could, holding fundraisers and offering shoulders to cry on, but no matter how many doctors, tests, or surgeries, no one could figure out what was wrong with Rose Gold. 

Turns out her mom, Patty Watts, was just a really good liar. 

After serving five years in prison, Patty gets out with nowhere to go and begs her daughter to take her in. The entire community is shocked when Rose Gold says yes. 

Patty insists all she wants is to reconcile their differences. She says she's forgiven Rose Gold for turning her in and testifying against her. But Rose Gold knows her mother. Patty Watts always settles a score. 

Unfortunately for Patty, Rose Gold is no longer her weak little darling. 

And she's waited such a long time for her mother to come home. 

Darling Rose Gold is the first novel by Stephanie Wrobel. As you can read above, Rose Gold's childhood was one of doctor offices and illness. Throughout eighteen years she was being poisoned by her mom, Patty, in order for Patty to take care of her. After Rose Gold figures this out she sends her mom to prison to serve five years. With Patty demanding she is innocent, Rose Gold testifies against her which puts the key in the lock. During the time that Patty is in prison, Rose Gold attempts to figure herself out without her mom. In the last year of Patty's sentence Rose Gold reconnects and when Patty is released Rose Gold agrees to take her in until she is back on her feet. By that time, Rose Gold has a child, Adam, that Patty is able to help take care of. However, stuff starts happening that makes Patty think that Rose Gold is against her. The question is what is truly going on? Is Patty actually innocent? Is Rose Gold against her?

This novel reminded me of Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, it leaves you on your toes trying to figure out who the crazy person really is.

I really enjoyed this novel, it is well written and is something i would love to reread in the next few years. I give this novel ⭐⭐⭐⭐✫ (4.5 stars). I took off half a star because of one part in the ending, i don't want to give anything away but I hoped it wouldn't be the case.

If you enjoyed Sharp Objects then i think you would really enjoy this novel!

Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel

Release Date: March 17, 2020 

Thank you to Berkley Publishing Group and NetGalley for providing me with a digital advanced copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment