About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: The Ice Princess

Book Review: The Ice Princess 


By Camilla Lackberg

"Returning to her hometown of Fjallbacka after the funeral of her parents, writer Erica Falck finds a community on the brink of tragedy. The death of her childhood friend, Alex, is just the beginning. Her wrists slashed, her body frozen in an ice-cold bath, it seems that she has taken her own life.

Erica conceives a book about the beautiful but remote Alex, one that will answer questions about their own shared past. While her interest grows into an obsession, local detective Patrik Hedstrom is following his own suspicions about the case. But it is only when they start working together that the truth begins to emerge about a small town with a deeply disturbing past." (Goodreads)

So, I am seventeen years late to this party but better late than never. Just this last month I borrowed all Camilla Lackberg Fjallbacka novel's from my mother in-law, starting at the beginning with The Ice Princess

Little background: Erica Falck, a non-fiction writer returns to her hometown of Fjallbacka after the death of her parents. During this time staying in her childhood home she comes across her childhood best friend, Alex, dead in a ice-cold bath with her wrists slashed. After that she is pulled into family gatherings and the investigation of whether Alex committed suicide or was murdered. Patrik Hedstrom, the local detective on the case, finds himself trying to figure out the same thing. Together both Erica and Patrik investigate to try to figure out what really happened to Alex Wijkner. 

This novel was a classic first book, building up the characters and creating a back story. I give Lackberg props for the character development on Erica, i personally found Erica relatable. However, the mystery itself was lacking some background to result with the ending. 

I would give this novel a ⭐⭐⭐⭐ review, while the clues throughout the novel weren't identifiable and the ending was a little lackluster, the story was enjoyable and I will be continuing in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment