About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: I Saw Him Die

I Saw Him Die Book Review 
By Andrew Wilson 

"Bestselling novelist and part-time undercover sleuth Agatha Christie is looking forward to a bit of well-deserved rest and relaxation when her longtime friend John Davison pleads with her to help him protect a retired British agent turned hotelier who has been receiving threatening letters.

Together they travel to Dallach Lodge, a beautiful estate on Scotland’s picturesque Isle of Skye. There they insert themselves among the hotel’s illustrious guests, including members of the owner’s family, a leading lady of the theater, a brilliant botanist, a local doctor, and two sisters who coauthor romance novels. After a pleasant first evening, Agatha thinks it unlikely that any of them are capable of evil, much less murder. But early the next morning, the sound of a gunshot rings out and the hotel owner is found dead in the arms of his nephew. At first, it appears to be a simple hunting accident, but as Agatha digs deeper, she discovers that each and every one of the residents has a reason for wanting the late proprietor dead"

Agatha Christie is once again asked to help with a crime, one of the retired British agents is getting death threats and has asked Davison to investigate. Davison reaches out to Mrs. Christie for her help, even with her upcoming marriage to Max Mallowan she agrees to help. 

While i don't want to give too much away, this mystery proves that Agatha Christie is just as great a detective as her own characters. 

I gave this novel a ⭐⭐⭐⭐ review. The novel started out slower however by the end the mystery was captivating. 

I Saw Him Die is to be released July 21, 2020

Thank you Atria Books and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for a honest review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment