About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: Hunting Prince Dracula

 Book Review: Hunting Prince Dracula

By Kerri Maniscalco 

The second novel in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series, Audrey Rose Wadsworth returns. After finding out the identity of Jack the Ripper, Audrey Rose leaves London to travel to Romania where she has been given the chance to attend one of the best forensic medical schools in Europe. But she will not be travelling alone, Thomas Cresswell the irritating but charming gentleman will also be attending the program. 

Together Audrey Rose and Thomas find themselves sucked into the forbidden castle where the school is held, after students start being found dead with their blood drained the rumor that Prince Vlad or otherwise known as Dracula himself has returned to the castle to reclaim his throne. Will Audrey Rose and Mr. Thomas Cresswell be able to find the killer or will the rumor of Dracula's return be found to be true?

I enjoyed the first novel, Stalking Jack the Ripper, it was a fun mystery novel which while i found it easy to solve i like Audrey Rose and Thomas for being unique characters. The time frame of the novel was interesting and I like that Maniscalco did her research based on the legend of Jack the Ripper. 

The second novel, Hunting Prince Dracula, is no different. I enjoyed the change in setting from London to Romania. I have never been to Romania (definitely on my list) but how Maniscalco writes the setting it sounds beautiful! I still like Audrey Rose and Thomas in this novel, Audrey Rose has become more independent and demands the respect she deserves as another student. Thomas while still makes his flirtatious comments, he seems to have calmed down. Both characters have grown individually and together in their friendship. 

Overall, the story was easy to predict. I figured out what was happening during the first couple chapters. But, the atmosphere and character development really helped me want to continue in the story and find out all the details. There were some details and chapters that might not have been needed as they were a little boring but I did enjoy the novel overall. 

I gave this sequel a ⭐⭐⭐✯ (3.5) review. I would recommend this novel if you enjoyed the first one as it is a good continuation of Audrey Rose's story. 

Review coming soon: Escaping from Houdini - the third installment of the Jack the Ripper series 

No comments:

Post a Comment