About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: A Stranger in Town

 Book Review: A Stranger in Town

By Kelley Armstrong 


We return to Rockton to follow Detective Casey Duncan and Sheriff Eric Dalton on another suspicious case. After an injured hiker stumbles out of the woods, Carey and Eric have no choice but to take her back to Rockton, the town that allows people second chances. But this hiker doesn't only have the attention of the Rockton residents but one of the longest members of the council. 

When the council member arrives unannounced claiming to be there to help with the injured hiker, questions arise on what her real reason for being in Rockton. As lately Casey has started to notice that fewer people are being admitted to Rockton, less people are coming in and fewer people are being allowed to extend their stay. 

When it is revealed that due to the hostile situation the council has made the decision to shut Rockton down, Casey and Eric need to figure out their next move to help the town they love. 

A Stranger in Town is the sixth book in the Rockton series. I personally love the Rockton series but found this novel a little bit of a let down compared to the others. This novel was on the slower side and very much a middle novel. There wasn't a lot of Casey and Dalton reaction and little of going around Rockton to the other character we've been previously introduced to. 

But, this novel sets up for the next. The ending of this novel was well done and sets up for the next story line which might be the ending to the series or to build on the next layer of the series. 

I always love the way Kelley Armstrong builds her characters and the environment. Her writing is clear and in with the hint of mystery in the Rockton series, Armstrong does well to make the reader second guess what is really going on. 

I gave this novel a ⭐⭐ review. While I don't think this novel measured up to the other Rockton novels, I do like the direction the author is going and have high hopes for the next in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment