About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: The Postscript Murders

 Book Review: The Postscript Murders

By Elly Griffiths 


Detective Harbinder Kaur returns, when the ninety-year-old Peggy Smith passes away all looks normal. She had a heart condition and there was nothing unusual during her passing. But Natalka, Peggy's caretaker, starts cleaning out her flat and notices that she has several mystery novels all dedicated to her. 

Then an armed man breaks in, stealing a book that the author is then found dead starts to cause questions about what is really going on. When more crime authors are being targetted, Detective Kaur needs to solves the mystery quickly before it's too late. 

Peggy Smith, best known she her sweet nature; passes away with her caretaker, Natalka, beside her. When Natalka starts packing up her belongings, she starts to notice that she owns an unusual number of crime novels all with the inscription dedicated to Peggy. It was later that Peggy was known to many authors as a "murder consultant", giving authors ideas for the murders in their novels. 

When Natalka becomes even more suspicious about her death, she asks Detective Harbinder Kaur to investigate the possibility of murder. It hits a point when a gun man breaks in and steals a novel, then the author of that novel is found dead. 

The Postscript Murders, is a cozy mystery. Following the first novel, The Stranger Diaries, the sequel was written similar. The characters had some development, but the overall story had so much potential and fell short. I thought that the novel was on the slower side and it took twice as long to finish. 

I gave this novel a ⭐⭐ review. While it is well written, I didn't enjoy the story as much as I liked the first book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment