About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: Go the Distance

 Book Review: Go the Distance

By Jen Calonita


Following the 1997 Disney movie, Hercules, Hercules has proved himself a true hero and returns to Mt. Olympus to reclaim his Godship. But Hercules decides to stay on Earth with his true love, Megara, until his father has something else to say. When Hercules states he will be staying on Earth because of a mortal, Zeus says no and tells Megara that she can not be with his son because of her mortality. 

While Hercules tries to plead with his father, Hercules' mother Hera has another plan. What if instead of Hercules returning to Earth, Meg becomes a God. Hera offers a quest to Meg, a quest to prove that she deserves to become a God along with the man who was about to give up everything for her. 

Meg agrees to Hera's terms but there is one catch: she has to save a soul from the underworld... the woman who the last love of her life left her for. 

Can Meg put her past behind her to be with her true love?

Disney's Hercules, is one of my favourite Disney movies of all time. When I was in pre-school I dressed up as Hercules for Halloween. And being twenty-eight years old, I still watch Hercules when I'm feeling in a Disney mood. So when I saw there was a novel continuing the story, I knew I had to add it to my list. 

Meg is a character who is sassy and loving. She gave up her soul to Hades, Lord of the Underworld, to save her boyfriends life. She risked her life for Hercules and is now proving herself to be worthy of Mt. Olympus. 

I really enjoyed this novel, it was fun and brings back all your favourite characters.

I gave this novel a ⭐⭐⭐⭐✯ (4.5) review, everything about this novel is just as loveable as the 1997 movie. I found the ending a little rushed but overall, highly recommend if you love Disney and need an easy and entertaining read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment