About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: Fleeting Time

Book Review: Fleeting Time 

By L Aquila


Lexi Stone, a wife and mother of two, lives the life she always dreamed of. With a horrible childhood behind her; she is married a wonderful man, Jake. But one day she disappears without a trace. 

Seven years later, Lexi has no memory of the last seven years or that she was missing. Walking back into her life she finds that her children are older and her husband is with another woman. Confused about everything, Lexi tries to start over. 

Getting a job at a local bar she meets Dan and there is an instant connection. After losing Jake, Lexi finds comfort in Dan and the two become close. 

But the last seven years still happened and starts to catch up with her. When Lexi starts having flashbacks to her time away she starts connecting the dots to what happened to her. Can she move past the events of her disappearance? And can she rebuild her personal life? 

Fleeting Time is L. Aquila's debut novel, the plot of the story is very interesting. I enjoyed that Lexi disappeared for seven years but at the start of the story has no knowledge, then she walks back into her life with no memory of what happened to her. 

I think it was smart of the author to have Lexi be a strong character and try to rebuild her life immediately. But still have instances where she is not as strong as she looks, gives the character depth. 

I do think the story jumps a little to the next plot point without much build up at certain points. 

I gave this novel a ⭐⭐⭐ review, I would like to have seen the relationship with Lexi's kids and ex-husband more but overall I found the story interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment