About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: Stalking Jack the Ripper

Book Review: Stalking Jack the Ripper

By: Kerri Maniscalco

"Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.


Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world." (Goodreads) 


Audrey Rose Wadsworth is a privilege woman, yet to come out in society. However, after the death of her mother she took interest in a topic most young woman aren't interested in; death. Specifically, post-mortem or the body after death. She helps her uncle investigate the bodies brought for inspection in his basement. 


Then more dead woman start showing up on the table, a killer is out there killing prostitutes. The killer has named himself "Jack the Ripper" and Audrey Rose along with her new, handsome, smart, friend Thomas Cresswell. Thomas Cresswell is an assistant under Audrey Rose's uncle and helps Audrey Rose investigate who is murdering these women. Together they investigate who is Jack the Ripper. 

I thought this novel was well written with a good story to tell, the characters are likable. Audrey Rose is likable, i would have liked to see her in more depth but overall i connected to her. Thomas is charming and kinda sexy, when he would make his flirtation comments sometimes it was a little over the top but i felt that was the kind of guy he was. 

I gave this novel a ⭐⭐⭐⭐ star review, overall i very much enjoyed this book just wanted the characters to be more in depth. After I completed the first novel i immediately ordered the second and third that are available: Hunting Prince Dracula & Escaping from Houdini 

No comments:

Post a Comment