About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: November Rain

 Book Review: November Rain 

By Maureen Jennings 

In the sequel to Heat Wave, November Rain follows Charlotte Frayne a private detective working at T. Gilmore and Associates. With Mr. Gilmore absent, Charlotte is the only one at the office set to handle all cases. 

When two cases fall into her lap; the first being a mother and wife come to her to investigate about their son/husband who had committed suicide. They don't believe he would have committed suicide so hire Charlotte to figure out what had really happened to him. 

But that is only case one, the second is she is hired to investigate a clothing factory that the owner believes the employees are attempting to start a union. But her second day there the head foreman is found dead on the upper floor. 

During the course of the mysteries, there is heavy rain but this doesn't stop Charlotte from figuring out the clues in both mysteries. 

November Rain is a fun, cozy mystery great for someone who wants a quick read. Like the first novel, Charlotte Frayne is likeable and relatable in her thoughts and how she handles the situations in front of her. 

When I first read Heat Wave in 2019 I had no idea that Jennings would continue writing about Charlotte's mysteries. However, I had hoped she would. When I saw this novel on the shelf at the beginning of January 2021 I was so excited to continue her story. 

This story if verging on World War II, there are many aspects that are mentioned including the communist party, and the beginning events leading up to WWII that makes me wonder how Jennings will continue Charlottes story going forward. 

I still very much enjoyed the story of Charlotte Frayne and the return of the Paradise Café. Like I said, I'm interested to see what comes next. 

I gave this novel a ⭐⭐⭐⭐ review! Loved the characters and even the mysteries even if they were easy to figure out! Overall, I would recommend this series to anyone who loves cozy mysteries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment