About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: All Fired Up

 Book Review: All Fired Up

By Sue Jaskula 


Christine knows something is wrong with her husband, David. When searching his desk she finds proof that not only is he having an affair but there is paperwork of different mortgages taken out on her, her father, and her best friend names. It looked like he was unfaithful and a scammer. 

That night after yelling at him to leave before going to sleep, Christine wakes to her house on fire. After getting out, the fire and police departments show to investigate. When Jake, Christine's best friend and a firefighter on the scene ensures that she's okay but it is then found out that David never made it out. 

While it looks like an accident, questions arise and it's determined that David did not die from the fire but was dead before the house went up in flames. 

With Christine being the number one suspect, she wants to find out what happened and clear her name before it's too late. 

All Fired Up is Sue Jaskula's debut novel. It starts immediately with Christine figuring out what her husband has been hiding and not long after the house is up in flames. Jaskula's takes no time to get right to the mystery which keeps the reader captivated. With back and forth questions on what happened and adding Christine's best friend, father and the additional emotions of grief, horror, and happiness this novel is a roller coaster. 

It was pretty easy to figure out who from the beginning however, I enjoyed Jaskula's writing style. I would have liked a little more character development earlier but overall I really liked this novel. 

I gave his novel ⭐⭐⭐⭐ review! Thank you Sue Jaskula for the advanced copy in exchanged for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment