About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Claire. I am a 29 year old Bachelor of Business graduate! I love reading, travelling and hanging out with my husband! I am an aspiring mystery writer: currently my first novel is with my editor, I am editing the first draft of my second and third novel, and writing the outline for the forth novel of the same series. Information on my novels coming soon! Thank you for looking at my blog and i hope you enjoy!

Book Review: The Stranger Diaries

 Book Review: The Stranger Diaries

By Elly Griffiths 



Clare Cassidy is a high school English teacher specializing in Gothic write R. M. Holland. Holland is known for his famous story, The Stranger. When one of Clare's friends and colleagues is found dead with a line from that story next to her questions start following on Clare to where she was during the time of the murder. 

But then Clare finds a note in her old diary, "Hallo, Clare. You don't know me." The suspicion moves from Clare being capable of murder to she possibly being the next target on the murders hit list. 

The Stranger Diaries follows several different points of views including Clare Cassidy and Harbinder Kaur the lead detective on the case. When Clare's friend is found murdered then she finds a note addressed to her in one of her old diaries the questions go back and forth on whether Clare is a suspect or a possible victim. 

The characters in this novel are relatable but also unrelatable. I like Clare's character of looking like a perfect woman but also having her own personal demons. I like Harbinder, she is judgemental but also knows how to do her job. The whole mystery is a classic Agatha Christie type with twists just the same. Griffiths has written many novels, however, this is the first one I've read. With the sequel The Postscript Murders coming out in March, I felt I had to read the first one. 

There were many hints throughout the novel for the twist ending which were great, I did guess the murderer before the end but it didn't ruin the overall ending. 

I gave this novel a ⭐⭐⭐✯ (3.5) review. I really liked the whole mystery and characters, however, I did think some parts were a little slow but the ending was too fast so the balance was a little off. But I am very excited to read the second one. 

Review for the sequel, The Postscript Murders, is coming soon! 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment